Brezelhau 2022 – May 14, 2022
Rotary Park in Livonia, MI.
The Michigan Medieval Combat Association invites sword fighters of all skill levels to take part in our yearly HEMA tournament!
-guild who brings the most combatants.
-most coins earned (individual).
-most coins earned (by guild).
-most exemplary fighter.
10am: registration/equipment check
12pm: tournament begins
- Head = Head protection must cover the entire face and front of the throat, and the entire head, and front of the throat must be covered for competitive sparring. It must be sturdy enough to withstand impacts. There should be no gaps in coverage that would allow a thrust or strike to the face or back of the head. Back of the head protector is mandatory.
- Throat = A rigid covering to protect the throat.
- Torso = Padded, puncture resistant padded clothing to cover the body. No armpit gaps. Women must wear a rigid chest protector.
- Groin = An internal or external cup.
- Elbow = Hard elbow covering to protect the joints.
- Hands = Sturdy gloves or gauntlets must be used to protect the hands and wrists. Gloves must include protection on the sides and tips of the fingers sufficient to resist hard strikes from weapons. An unsupplemented lacrosse/hockey glove is not sufficient. Steel Gauntlets need additional interior padding of some sort. A mechanic’s-style glove has minimal padding and when used inside a metal gauntlet would not be sufficient. Most HEMA-dedicated synthetic gloves or gauntlets, such as Sparring Gloves and Black Lance, are adequate. Finger breaks and hand injuries are the most common injury in HEMA, and we will do our best to be conscientious of these risks.
- Legs = Hard knee covering to protect the joints.
- If you’re concerned that your longsword/dussack won’t pass our standards, please message us. Most acceptable major name-brand longswords will pass. Purple Heart Armory leather dussacks are our first choice. We will do our best to provide loaner equipment and weapons.
- Purple Heart Armory leather dussacks will always be accepted, (if in good condition).
Only swords from commonly known, reputable manufacturers will be accepted.
- Unacceptable, banned longswords:
All Hanwei longswords.
All CAS Iberia longswords.
All Kingston Arms longswords.
All Black Horse longswords.
Also see the Facebook Event: